Magen Tzedek in the News
Our Press Room is the central source for media coverage of Magen Tzedek as well as a communication channel for press inquiries about media kits, interviews, story ideas, or public documents.
- Recalling the Postville Tragedy: Impetus for Comprehensive Immigration Reform bill – From the Jewish Social Justice Roundtable. Written by Harvey Popolow, Magen Tzedek Commission, Executive Director. (May 2013)
- The much anticipated Magen Tzedek Certification program is now officially “open for business”. The complete Magen Tzedek Standard, initially posted on this website in 2009 for public comment, has been finalized and details the criteria for earning certification to the Magen Tzedek seal. (March 2012)
- Becoming ethical Jewish consumers – The Jewish community should welcome and support Magen Tzedek by buying products that carry its seal, inviting others to follow suit and encouraging its expansion to products other than foods. (by Rabbi Michael Knopf / Jewish World blogger, February 2012)
- Social Accountability Accreditation Services (SAAS) Sign Contract to Implement Magen Tzedek
Ethical Certification – We have engaged in the final formulation of the auditable standards for Magen Tzedek with the pre-eminent social accountability auditing firm, Social Accountability Accreditation Services. (July 2010)
- The 50 Most Influential Rabbis in America – Rabbi Morris Allen and Rabbi Michael Siegel were named among the most influential rabbis in America in 2010, due to the importance of the work developing Magen Tzedek. Read the article. (June 2010)
Magen Tzedek has been celebrated and discussed in newspapers and on radio programs across the country. If you would like to find out more about Magen Tzedek and its work or if you would like to speak with us concerning our work, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
See our Certification Standards
for the Magen Tzedek Service Mark.
Make a Gift Today
By making a donation, you can make a difference in the lives of people, animals and the Earth. Learn how.